Cheers and all the beers, everyone!
Greg talks about the Surf n Suds virtual beer fest he attended, playing with fire while drunk, and how the Gentlemen are blowing up in the U.K. Ally talks about hitting a brewery and getting to watch some live baseball. In contrast, Scott talks about shopping trends during COVID-19.
Scott reviews a classic West Coast IPA from Green Flash Brewing. We discover that it's so classic that it's been sitting on the shelf for at least a couple years.
In Sports News:
• Washington won't have a team name the season.
• Matt Prater is trying to get free beer for the city of Detroit.
• Seattle introduces the Kraken.
• Lou Williams won't be starting the Clippers.
• The Miami Marlins are sidelined due to an outbreak.
In honor of his birthday, Greg decides to conduct some Beer Science. He's comparing Light and Dark, a light stout and nitro porter from Stable 12 Brewing. He then breaks his own rules and cuvées the two for a delicious black and tan.
In Booze News:
• Firestone Walker to try a new line of 805 beers.
• SLO Brew is distributing nationwide.
• Beer sales top $1 billion for another week.
• A drunk Amish buggy driver was arrested.
• Two drunk men prank call 911.
• Thousands of whiskey bottles were lost in an accident.
Our Beer Babe of the Week is Meg, make sure you follow her on Instagram @hop_doc!
Our Old Timey Word of the Week: "Mumpers Hall." Use it on social media and tag us for a shout out!
Cheers to Washington, VA, for being our top listening city for last week!
Don't forget to check us out at www.theunfilteredgentlemen.com and follow us on our social medias for some great beer shots: www.facebook.com/theunfilteredgentlemen, @unfilteredgents on twitter, and TheUnfilteredGentlemen on Instagram! We want you to drunk dial us at (805) 538-BEER (2337), we'd love to hear from you! The Unfiltered Gentlemen Craft Beer Podcast.